Re: [css-page-floats] float-offset example is not compelling

On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 10:59 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
wrote:

> The current example for "float-offset" shows a situation which can be
> done exactly as well by just using "margin".  (Technically using
> float-offset means you don't have to change which side you're
> offsetting if you change the float direction, but that seems very
> minor.)
>
> The point of this property in Håkon's Figures spec is that text can
> flow in the area vacated by the offset (as opposed to margin space,
> which excludes text).  This spec doesn't say anything about that - is
> that an intentional change?  If not, that feature should be explicitly
> detailed, and an example should show it off.  (Håkon's examples aren't
> very good either, but it's not hard to make a good one. ^_^)

No, this is no change. The one example picture there is something inherited
from Håkon, but it's certainly not the best example. I did create an
example, which is in the WD (
https://www.w3.org/TR/css-page-floats-3/#example-1263a27a ), but I took it
out of the draft because I realized it actually was doing 2D floating which
was not yet defined.

I can put something similar in again.

--
Johannes Wilm