Re: [css3-transitions] Should transition-property: color cause transitions on other properties using currentColor?

On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 9:21 AM, Daniel Tan <lists@novalistic.com> wrote:
> In this example[1], when an element has a transition on the color property
> only, changing that property also causes a transition in any other
> properties using currentColor in Firefox and Chrome et al. Notably, this
> cannot be disabled by specifying that property with a duration of 0s - it
> can only be disabled by changing that property to a value other than
> currentColor.
>
> IE and Microsoft Edge apply the change to those properties without a
> transition unless they are specified in transition-property. This is the
> behavior I expect, but whose behavior is correct?
>
> [1]: https://jsfiddle.net/kpk5debr/
>
>     div {
>       color: cyan;
>       border: 10px solid;
>       transition: color 3s;
>     }
>
>     div:hover {
>       color: magenta;
>     }

It's not causing a transition in the additional properties in
FF/Chrome, it's just transitioning 'color', and reevaluating all the
dependent properties as a result of the new value.  This happens for
everything: if you transition 'font-size', anything sized in em will
look like it's transitioning; if you transition any layout-related
property, the element will re-layout in response; etc.

If IE and Edge arent' reflecting the current value of 'color' in
properties that use currentcolor, that's a bug.