Re: [css-snappoints][css-scrollsnap] Mandatory snap-points, and voluntarily unreachable content

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 11:04:26 -0800
To: Fran├žois REMY <francois.remy.dev@outlook.com>
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 6:56 PM, Fran├žois REMY
<francois.remy.dev@outlook.com> wrote:
> The problem I have with both solutions and I'm not sure you addressed or not is that I'm afraid the spec may require browsers to allow to scroll this way, to make the gutter reachable (via keyboard navigation for instance):

Nope.  If you're using a background and the elements are just the blue
area (the green being empty margin space between them), then there's
no reason it would need to allow scrolling to the gutter.  With my
suggestion of overlapping elements and a negative scroll-snap-margin,
there's also no problems - the "overly large elements" stuff is based
on the scroll snap area, which my suggestion shrinks to not include
the green parts.