Re: [css21][css22][css-tables][css-break][css-page][css-multicol][css-regions] repeating table headers and footers

Le 2016-01-20 08:21, Florian Rivoal a écrit :
> When a table is fragmented over several fragmentainers (pages,
> columns...) should table headers and footers be repeated?
>
> CSS2.1 is the only spec I know of to speak about this[1], and it
> doesn't actually decide:
>
>> Print user agents may repeat header rows on each page spanned by a
>> table.
>
>> Print user agents may repeat footer rows on each page spanned by a
>> table.

Personally, I think CSS2.2 should actually decide.

> First, I don't think we behavior should depend on categories of UAs
> (print vs non print).

Well, shouldn't it apply to paged media only?

> Second, this is not clear whether this should also apply to
> fragmentainers other than pages, introduced after CSS2.1.
>
> And last, I am not too happy about this being up to the UA. If anyone,
> it feels like something that should be up to the author.
>
> As far as I can tell, today:
> * Firefox, IE, and many print oriented formatters do repeat the
> headers/footers on page breaks
> * Webkit, Blink, and Vivliostyle don't (but we're considering
> switching).
> * Some print formatters also repeat on column breaks.

[snip]

For your information, we have 2 tests on this:

http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/nightly-unstable/html4/table-footer-group-004.htm

http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/nightly-unstable/html4/table-header-group-004.htm

Based on these 2 tests

Firefox 43.0.4 repeat headers/footers on page breaks.

Prince 10 rev 4 repeat headers/footers on page breaks.

Opera 12.17 (Presto engine) does not repeat headers/footers on page
breaks.

Gérard