Re: [css-grid][css-align] Default alignment of grid tracks

On 01/19/2016 01:05 PM, fantasai wrote:
> On 10/02/2015 04:50 PM, Javier Fernandez wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 10/03/2015 12:19 AM, fantasai wrote:>
>>> The CSS Alignment spec says that for 'align-content'
>>>    * for flex lines, the initial behavior is stretch
>>>    * for grid tracks, the initial behavior is start

[...]
> The WG resolved on this, yay. ^_^
>   https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2016Jan/0031.html
> The Alignment ED has been updated. Hope to publish a new WD shortly, too.

Are you sure the alignment ED has been updated to make align-content
default to 'stretch'?  (maybe you've updated it locally, but need to
push to the repo?)

The only recent change I see to css-align "align-content" in the
hg.csswg.org repo is just changing the default "align-content" value to
"normal":
 https://hg.csswg.org/drafts/diff/07f5089d0ee9/css-align/Overview.bs
(This happened before that CSSWG resolution, too.)

And "normal" is still specced as resolving to "start" (not "stretch")
for grid containers:
  # Grid Containers:
  # [...]
  # 'normal' behaves as 'start'.
https://drafts.csswg.org/css-align-3/#propdef-align-content

So I think the spec still needs a change to match this CSSWG resolution,
at this point.

~Daniel