Re: [css-flexbox]

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 11:06:59 -0800
To: Bruno Racineux <bruno@hexanet.net>
Cc: Fran├žois REMY <francois.remy.dev@outlook.com>, Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>, Bo J Campbell <bcampbell@us.ibm.com>, CSS public list <www-style@w3.org>
On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 10:39 PM, Bruno Racineux <bruno@hexanet.net> wrote:
> But ultimately, the issue isn't only flexbox. There needs to be a way to
> affect tab-index with CSS, or accessibility will always suffer in one way
> or another when going from one device's or orientation's layout to another.

Yes, this is why we're continuing to object to special-casing some
solution focused on the 'order' property.  This is also a problem if
you use either of the *-reverse keywords in flex-flow.  It's a problem
if you use Grid in any non-trivial fashion at all.  It's a problem if
you use float:right to produce a right-aligned sidebar.

The problem is that tab order is based on source order, which has only
a weak relationship to visual order.  Whatever solution we come up
with needs to address the problem at its source.