RE: [css-grid] grid shorthand and grid-auto-rows/cols

That looks a bit too magic to me.

What if we just specified that when the last item of a "grid-template-<track>" list is "repeat(auto-fit, ...)" containing one track it also sets "grid-auto-<track>s" to that track size?

It does seem like it achieves the goal efficiently, but remains clear to an author that does not know everything about grids. We just need to specify that when the size of tracks in a auto-fit-repeat is not fixed-breadth, then there is only one repetition (which makes sense, that one repetition contains a fraction unit that will capture any remaining space).

What do you think?