Re: [css-pseudo] Need a way to styling the disclosure triangle of the <details> (or <summary>) element

On Sun, Feb 28, 2016 at 2:19 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 27, 2016 at 2:36 PM, Patrick Dark
> <www-style.at.w3.org@patrick.dark.name> wrote:
>> Clicking display: list-item markers causes an element's text to become
>> selected in Firefox (but not Chrome or Edge). That seems like a bad behavior
>> for a disclosure widget.
>
> That sounds like a very weird behavior for Firefox to have. Maybe they
> should just stop that?

I don't know the reason behind this behavior, but I don't think this
is something CSS spec need to consider.

Yes, this behavior is weird for <details>/<summary>, and I agree we
don't want to ship with that. But it doesn't affect what
presentational hint should we apply to those elements. (I don't know
the exact code here but I don't believe this would be hard to fix.)

- Xidorn