Re: [css-transforms] Handling combined opacity and preserve-3d

From: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2016 11:47:37 +1300
To: Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com>
Cc: Matt Woodrow <mwoodrow@mozilla.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On Sat, Feb 27, 2016 at 10:20 AM, Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com> wrote:

> When finishing off CSS Transforms, we’re going to have to be willing to
> create combat issues; there’s no way we can avoid them with the current
> lack of compat between browsers. I’d like to see more breakage than [4]
> before speccing broken Blink/WebKit behavior.

The current behavior of not flattening is interoperably implemented between
Webkit/Blink/Gecko (not sure about Edge). There certainly are compat risks
as we align browser behaviors, but this isn't that.

If you think we should move to a better behavior, ship it in Webkit and
then I think we'd be willing to follow and update the spec.

Rob
toD
rdsme,aoreseoouoto
lurpr