[css-transitions] Interpolation of side-relative <position> values

From: Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 18:28:29 -0800
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
There is some trickiness with interpolation of side-relative <position> values. Consider:

@keyframes shifty {
from { background-position: 20px; }
to { background-position: right 20px; }
}

Should that work? To make it work you’d have to know the box size when doing interpolation, or I suppose the UA could turn it into a calc() expression?

This works in Firefox, but not in Chrome or Safari. I didn’t test Edge.

Simon