[css-pseudo] Isn't ::placeholder a bit vague?

From: Samuel Bronson <naesten@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 20:50:09 +0000
To: www-style@w3.org
At least, when I was trying to guess what ::placeholder might be based
on the name, my first thought was of those things that browsers show
for images that haven't been loaded.  (Though obviously they don't do
this as much as they used to.)  ::input-placeholder seems a lot more
obvious to me.

And no, I have no idea why in the world anyone would want to style
image placeholders.