Re: [css-color] wider/deeper colors

From: Dean Jackson <dino@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 12:06:57 +1100
Cc: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>

> On 11 Feb 2016, at 11:40 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I agree with your reasoning; my only concern is what to name the
> "better" value that'll allow us to discriminate between "new normal"
> and "even more betterer" in ten years, when devices with deeper/wider
> colors than 3*8 are commonplace.

Yeah. I haven't come up with anything even remotely good for names here.

We could ignore it slightly and use "level1", "level2", etc. Or use years
like "2016", "2019" to mean the type of display you'd expect to get for
a purchase of x% of median wage in that year. It's the new arm length!
It might require predicting the future :)

I did say I haven't come up with anything good.

Dean