Re: [css-selectors] :focus and :checked

Labels and form elements are defined in HTML, so that's the natural place
to define what makes an element match a given selector.  CSS Selectors (
https://drafts.csswg.org/selectors-4/#input-pseudos) specifically states
that the details of which elements match which state are host-language
dependent.

To continue the discussion with implementers responsible for the HTML
specs, I started (at Anne van Kesteren's suggestion) a Github Issue for
WHATWG.  Comments appreciated:

https://github.com/whatwg/html/issues/1632

In particular, feedback is needed from developers working on the CSS side
of browser implementations, regarding the potential performance issues
raised previously by Boris Zbarsky (
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-whatwg-archive/2014Nov/0076.html
).

~ABR