Re: [css-logical-props] additional logical values for caption-side

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 03:32:14 -0400
To: Jonathan Kew <jfkthame@gmail.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On 07/01/2015 03:16 AM, Jonathan Kew wrote:
> We're in the process of implementing the logical values[1] for caption-side.
>
> Given that in addition to 'top' and 'bottom', Gecko supports the 'top-outside' and 'bottom-outside' values (not currently
> standard, but foreshadowed in [2]), I'd like to request that analogous 'block-start-outside' and 'block-end-outside' values
> should also be added.

Hi Jonathan,
The CSSWG discussed 'caption-side' and, deciding that they all
hate 'caption-side' (and tables in general), that no new values
should be added and therefore all existing values should just be
logical. Or something. In any case, there's no longer a need for
logical equivalents to the physical keywords (which are interpreted
logically), so they are to be removed from Writing Modes.

https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2015Sep/0113.html

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

~fantasai