Re: [css-cascade-4] Conditional @import: supports interaction with media queries

On 10 September 2015 at 19:45, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 8:42 AM, Tom Potts <karaken12@gmail.com> wrote:
> > There's no example of an @import with both supports and media queries.
>
> I'll add one.
>
> > The
> > syntax specification states that the supports must go before the media
> > query, but this is not specifically called out.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by this.  The grammar is the normative
> definition of what the valid syntax is, and it's clear that supports()
> must occur before MQ.  What else are you looking for?

Just an example -- that's all I meant by "called out".

> > Which of the following are
> > valid?

 -- snip --

> > My reading of the spec is that 1, 3 and 6 are valid, 2, 5 and 7 are
> invalid,
> > and I'm not sure about 4. An example or two would help make this clearer.
>
> I'm happy to add an example, but what part of the spec made 2, 4, 5,
> or 7 unclear?
>
> ~TJ

If that's all as I read it, then it's not unclear. :-) An example like
  @import url("narrow.css") supports(display: flex) handheld and
(max-width: 400px);
would be welcome because it demonstrates to CSS authors where the
conjunctions and parentheses go in more complex situations.

Regards,
Tom