Re: Finding elements that are hidden due to overflow: hidden

On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 3:26 AM, Behrang Saeedzadeh <behrangsa@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Tab,
>
> My use case can already be implemented using JavaScript and some existing
> properties on elements such as clientLeft and its cousins.
>
> Here's a simplified version of my use case:
> http://codepen.io/behrangsa/pen/PPozWj

That shows some example code, but I'm not sure what you're trying to
do with it.  I guess you want to know if some of the options are
overflowing the container?  What are you trying to accomplish with
that?  What user-facing styling need are you attempting to address?

> I am not sure if this is technically feasible or not. But AFAIK some games
> use various algorithms to determine the visibility of an object in a 3D
> space. Or if a bullet fired in a direction will hit a given object or it
> will get blocked by an obstacle in front of it. So it seemed to me it
> probably should be feasible in HTML/CSS as well.

"Feasible" and "sufficiently worthwhile to add to the web platform"
are, of course, two vastly different things. ^_^