Re: {css-break] Float pushed to the next fragmentainer, what about its siblings?

> On 01 Sep 2015, at 21:51, Morten Stenshorne <mstensho@opera.com> wrote:
>
> When a float is pushed to the next fragmentainer (let's use multicol as
> an example, so henceforth I'll use the term "column" instead of
> "fragmentainer"), because it's unbreakable, and there's not enough space
> remaining in the current column, should consecutive content also be
> pushed to the next column, even if there's room for it in the previous
> column?
>
> [...]

> Gecko doesn't force consecutive siblings of such
> floats to move the next column. Blink isn't consistent. If the float is
> followed by inline content (text, for instance), it's pushed to the next
> column along with the float (like Presto). However, if the float is
> followed by a block, it stays put in the previous column (like Gecko).
>
> So is it Gecko that does it right?

I'd agree that Gecko's behavior seems preferable. Ultimately, we will probably want more controls over the placement of floats and of the surrounding content, but as a default behavior, it seems preferable to avoid having large gaps in the content.

 - Florian