Re: [css-ui] resize on replaced elements

> On 31 Aug 2015, at 04:09, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
>
> Would it be possible to extend the 'resize' property to apply to
> replaced elements? It'd be very useful on <iframe>s (and probably
> also on other things like videos and images).

Currently, it does not apply because resize only applies to element with overflow other than visible, but the overflow property does not apply to replaced elements.

Assuming it is web compatible, I'd be in favor of allowing it on iframes, videos, and images, as they handle being resized quite well. However, I am less sure about for controls such as buttons and the like, which are also replaced elements unless I am mistaken, but deal less well with being resized, especially to a smaller size.

Then again, even when resized too small, they do not overflow, so this does not interfere with the resizing UI. So maybe it's ok. I'd like to hear what others think.

 - Florian