Re: [css-animations] Multiple identifiers per @keyframes rule

From: Lea Verou <lea@verou.me>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 20:05:27 -0400
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
To: Xidorn Quan <quanxunzhen@gmail.com>

> On Oct 20, 2015, at 19:58, Xidorn Quan <quanxunzhen@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Interesting use case. Yes it seems like a valid usage, but allowing
> multiple identifiers per @kerframes rule doesn't seem to make much
> sense otherwise.
>
> Given the rule is that animation occurs when `animation-name` is
> overridden, what about extending `animation-name` to accept an
> optional extra component after each animation name, which doesn't have
> meaning itself, just for triggering the overriding?
>
> - Xidorn

I would argue that this is even more hacky. At least allowing aliases on @keyframes is a feature, even though it’s intended to help with a hack and could aid readability in other use cases too (e.g. reusing an animation for different purposes could now use different names). Allowing garbage in animation-name just to trigger changes is very, very conspicuously a hack :P

~Lea