Re: [css-fonts] ready attribute vs function

From: Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 14:50:44 -0700
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 2:44 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 2:42 PM, Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Can you point out where in the spec that is defined? I can't find any
> text
> > that says that the ready() promise is fulfilled when all fonts are loaded
> > and applied to the layout.
>
> It's in the algorithms in
> <https://drafts.csswg.org/css-font-loading/#FontFaceSet-events>.
> Those algorithms are the only things in the entire spec that touch the
> [[ReadyPromise]] slot.  Note also the definition of "pending on the
> environment", and where it's invoked in the algorithms.

Yes, I saw that:

A FontFaceSet is pending on the environment if any of the following are
true:

   - the document is still loading
      - the document has pending stylesheet requests
      - the document has pending layout operations which might cause the
      user agent to request a font.

 None of those are true if a document still needs layout after all the
fonts are downloaded.