[css-page-floats] Re: [css-logical-properties] the 'inline-{start,end}' values for 'float' and 'clear'

On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 4:21 PM, Jonathan Kew <jfkthame@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/10/15 14:25, Koji Ishii wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 9:12 PM, Jonathan Kew <jfkthame@gmail.com

> We don't currently have block-direction options for 'float', but in
> principle they seem like a reasonable possibility.

Floating in the block direction is what the CSS Page Floats spec is all
about [1].

> If we use 'start' and 'end' now, and later extend 'float' to two
> dimensions, I could see us ending up with 'float: start | end | block-start
> | block-end', which seems unfortunate. ISTM that using the inline-prefixed
> names from the beginning is preferable. Or would you suggest some entirely
> different names for the block-direction analogs of inline 'start' and 'end'?

So far we have used 'inline-start | inline-end | block-start | block-end'
in the page float spec.

Personally, I would find 'start' and 'end' confusing, but the terms are not
very important as long as the same terms are used throughout.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/css-page-floats-3/

--
Johannes Wilm