Re: [css-text-decor] Emphasis marks and font variant

From: Xidorn Quan <quanxunzhen@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 18:22:10 +1100
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 5:25 PM, Xidorn Quan <quanxunzhen@gmail.com> wrote:
> The current spec says:
> Emphasis marks are drawn exactly as if each character was assigned the
> text-emphasis-position and the ruby alignment as centered.
>
> And in CSS Ruby Layout module, there is rule in UA sheet:
> "font-variant-east-asian: ruby;". Should this font variant also be
> applied to the emphasis marks? The current spec seems to answer yes
> unintentionally.

Actually, applying the font variant conflicts with the sentence in
text-emphasis-style section:
> The marks should be drawn using the element's font settings ...

Since this sentence is a requirement, while the sentence I mentioned
in the previous message is merely a descriptive assertion, I suppose
the one in text-emphasis-position section should be changed.

- Xidorn