Re: [css-logical-properties] the 'inline-{start,end}' values for 'float' and 'clear'

>>> The problem is that it does depend on the final syntax somewhat. For the
>>> way I'd like it, start and end would be the values to use for one
>>> dimensional floats. But if 'start' ends up being short for 'start start'
>>> instead of 'start none', that that wouldn't work too well. It would change
>>> the meaning of 'float: start'. If we could agree that 'start' is short for
>>> 'start' in the inline direction and 'none' in the block direction, then I
>>> think 'start' and 'end' are the best choice.
>>>

>> IIUC, it would change "only if float-reference is set to non-initial
>> value," so I still believe we can resolve 1-dimensional syntax
>> independently.
>>

> Problem with that is that under Brad's proposal there would also be two
> dimensional inline floats which would have the same float-reference value
> as today's inline floats, as I understand it.

I'm not reading all 94 e-mails in this thread, sorry, so, ...ok.

We should avoid that though. Consider a case when we want to extend 1-d
property to 2-d, or 1-d/2-d impls are mixed among users. So just 'start'
should not have 2-d effects unless other properties or additional values
are set.

Could we try to reach consensus on this point?

/koji