Re: Zoom use case

I don't think that zoom is a good solution for this particular use case.

Existing editors use scale to achieve what I believe you are describing
(unless your usecase does something that these editors can't).

For example:
Google Docs: renders using HTML, uses scale(X) to achieve document zooming.
Google Slides: renders using SVG, uses scale(X) transform(Y,Z) & SVG
viewporting to achieve document zooming.
iCloud Pages: renders using SVG, uses matrix scale(X).

zoom has a bunch of issues in how it works which makes it a bad property
for this usecase. For example if you have the following:
bottom: 10px; left: 10px; right: 10px;">
Increasing the zoom factor, decreases the size of the box. Which is
unintuitive. There are a bunch of quirks like this.

Ian