Re: [css-writing-modes-3] Defer auto-muticol behavior in Auto-sizing Block Containers in Orthogonal Flows

From: Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 19:34:06 +0900
Thank you all WG members for taking time to discuss on this topic in
the F2F. For those who did not attend the F2F, this issue is about
auto-multicol behavior[1] and here's the IRC log[2].

I'm really impressed by the insights by Rossen, Steve, Simon, dbaron,
florian, and all who helped this discussion. I didn't have that view
point by myself.

That changed my proposal from "defer" to "move to other specs". The
more this feature is useful, as already suggested in the IRC, the more
this feature should be available in other cases than just orthogonal
flows, and authors should be able to use it.

I'm not sure which spec it should move to, probably fragments,
overflow, or multi-col, that we could discuss further.

[1] http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-writing-modes-3/#auto-multicol
[2] http://krijnhoetmer.nl/irc-logs/css/20150519#l-603

/koji