Re: renaming "Animatable:" to "Interpolation:" in property definition tables

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 12:56 PM, L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org> wrote:
> In [1] and [2] the working group resolved that both animations and
> transitions should work on properties that cannot be interpolated,
> and these properties should switch when the timing function crosses
> 50%.  (This is particularly useful with the step-start and step-end
> timing functions.)
>
> Given this resolution, I think it no longer makes sense for the line
> in the property definition table to be "Animatable:", as I suggested
> on IRC in [1].
>
> I'd like to change "Animatable:" to "Interpolation:", and change the
> common "no" value to "discrete" or "in steps" or something similar.
>
> This is basically an editorial change that follows from the existing
> resolutions in [1] and [2], but since it affects multiple
> specifications I wanted to give people a chance to comment.

I agree with this change.  I support "discrete" as the initial value.
I can switch Bikeshed over to accepting either value, so there's no
change needed for specs that either omitted the line entirely (which
gives you the default "none" value) or specified a non-none value.
Only specs that currently have an explicit "Animatable: none" would
have to be changed, unless I make Bikeshed magically translate that
into the preferred default value. ^_^

~TJ