Re: [css-ruby] ruby offset affected by font?

> Xidorn Quan <quanxunzhen@gmail.com> 於 2015年5月20日 下午6:48 寫道:
>
>> On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 8:49 PM, Shinyu Murakami <murakami@vivliostyle.com> wrote:
>>
>> I guess this gap is caused by the TypoLineGap [1] value of the font metrics.
>> MS Mincho and IPAMincho's TypoLineGap value is 0 and Meiryo's is 1024 (1/2 of unitsPerEm 2048).
>>
>> This value is "to compute a typographically correct default line spacing" [1] and should not used for ruby positioning.
>
> I don't really know what causes the large gap of Meiryo, since I'm not that familiar with font metrics. But AFAICS, the spacing is not because of TypoLineGap.
>
> I made a copy of Meiryo with TypoLineGap being 0, but it doesn't seem to have any difference on the rendering result.

I'd like to figure out where the problem is. Here's a sample in Chinese.

Figure 1, Arphic Song-Demibold
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lko0ocjx0h3xgde/%E7%9B%B8%E7%89%87%202015-5-19%20%E4%B8%8B%E5%8D%882%2020%2045.png

Works as intended. Same result with Source Sans TC.

Figure 2, OS X Songti TC
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m2cylyk9hnqbzy9/%E7%9B%B8%E7%89%87%202015-5-20%20%E4%B8%8B%E5%8D%884%2059%2039.png

line-height is expanded by ruby texts.

Bobby