Re: [css-sizing][css-grid][css-flexbox] Intrinsic Sizes and Inverting Flex Ratios

On 05/11/2015 12:58 AM, fantasai wrote:
> Consider:
>    * a column flexbox
>    * a single-column grid
> containing the same contents (two bits of content of 100px height)
> and flex values  (first item at 1, second at 2)
>
> Flexbox (per implementations) will lay out the column at 200px height,
> whereas Grid (per spec) will lay out the column at 300px height.
>
> They should probably behave the same way.

After explaining this all to Christian Biesinger in this thread
   https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2015May/0152.html
I think I'm fairly well convinced that the specced behavior is correct,
and implementations should update to match (the Grid behavior) for
heights as well as widths.

~fantasai