Re: [css-font-loading] load, check and testing for character coverage

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 11:44:04 +1000
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
Cameron McCormack:
> > I have a few questions/comments about load and check and the tests that
> > are done for character coverage using the sample text string.

I am fine with your conclusions, Tab.  So, we’ll treat a system font as
having a unicode-range that matches its cmap, we won’t look at the cmap
for font specified with @font-face or a FontFace object, and we’ll keep
the check false return value when there are no matching font faces at
all.

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/