Re: [css-grid] Editorial: the location of chapter 4.3

On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 6:36 PM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
> On 03/26/2015 11:26 AM, Mats Palmgren wrote:
>>
>> This is the structure chapter 4:
>> 4. Grid Items
>>      4.1 Collapsed Grid Items: the visibility property
>>      4.2 Reordered Grid Items: the order property
>>      4.3 Static Position of Grid Container Children
>>      4.4 Z-axis Ordering: the z-index property
>>
>> I think 4.3 doesn't belong there because it's not about
>> grid items like the rest is.  It's about grid container
>> child elements that are absolutely positioned, which we
>> have now established else-thread are not grid items.
>>
>> It should probably be merged into 9.4 or moved to
>> a sub-chapter 9.4.x instead.
>

> Just wanted to point out that the an element can be a
> statically positioned child of a grid container or an
> abspos with a grid container containing block but not
> both. This is why these two sections can't be
> sub-sections of each other.

Not quite. It can totally be both; I think what you mean is that a
single element can't care about both of them (because an abspos either
uses its static position or cares about its containing block, not
both), but this is untrue because each axis can care about a different
thing.

~TJ