Re: [css-counter-styles] Allow impls to extend range of hebrew

> On 07 May 2015, at 09:37, Simon Montagu <smontagu@smontagu.org> wrote:

>> On Sun, May 3, 2015 at 1:01 AM, Simon Montagu <smontagu@smontagu.org> wrote:
>>> No, the numbering system just gets more and more unwieldy, and more
>>> liable to ambiguity because of the lack of a zero symbol, as the numbers
>>> get higher. Its a judgment call at what exact point it becomes unusable.
>>
>> Wait, how do you go past 999,999?  I'm using the geresh system right
>> now, where the thousands digits are the same as the ones digits except
>> with a geresh, etc.  Do you add multiple geresh or something to go
>> higher, or what?
>>
>> ~TJ
>>

> The honest answer? You make something up. [...] There just aren't
> enough examples of usage around to say anything normative.

"not enough" sounds like an understatement. While numbering system
in various languages do vary, and it's nice to have them documented,
is there any situation where you'd run into a document with a counter
number anywhere near that large?

 - Florian