Re: [css-grid] How to resolve lines for absolutely positioned grid items

From: Mats Palmgren <mats@mozilla.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 13:02:00 +0000
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
message-id: <55140348.4020901@mozilla.com>
On 03/25/2015 11:52 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> There are no abspos grid items. ^_^

I see now that the "Applies To" for the relevant properties says:
"Applies to: grid items and absolutely-positioned boxes whose containing
block is a grid container"
http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-grid/#line-placement
which makes it clear enough for me. (It seems a bit unusual to say
that a property applies to a box though, when they normally apply
to elements, but I guess what is meant is "all elements with an
absolutely-positioned box whose ...".)

So dropping "grid item" here seems fine to me, but please update
the 9.4 title and anchor to avoid further confusion.

Thanks,
Mats