Re: [css-tables][css2.1] What should the measurement of the table be?

On 3/23/15 3:42 PM, Robert Hogan wrote:
> There is nothing in CSS 2.1 that forces the cell to be anything greater
> than 1px in this test. While the size of the row and the table may be up
> for grabs (as behaviour with percentage height is not defined) the cell
> has a specified height and has no reason to be higher than 1 px. It is
> the containing block for its content, so the content has no reason to
> exceed 1px either.

Sadly, that's not how undefined behavior works.  Undefined behavior
means that the behavior is just undefined.  As in, a percentage height
on the row could in fact affect the size of the cell....

That's in spec terms.  In terms of interop, I'd assume until proven
otherwise that the cell needs to be taller than 1px in this case, since
currently all browsers agree on that.

> I'm happy to go with whatever makes sense for everybody so please regard
> this as an attempt to reduce the issues discussed in this thread down to
> two digestible test cases that we can attempt to agree a rendering for.

I think the case of cell and row both having specified non-percentage
heights should also be at least considered, esp. since for that one
browsers currently _don't_ agree.

-Boris