Re: [css-fonts] Proposal for 'font-rendering' property

Hello Tab,

Saturday, March 21, 2015, 12:45:17 AM, you wrote:

> At the last F2F, I introduced a proposal for a 'font-rendering'
> @font-face descriptor and property, for controlling the block/swap
> timeout behavior for downloadable fonts.

> Today I wrote it up properly, at
> <http://tabatkins.github.io/specs/css-font-rendering/>.  Please
> review, and tell me what you think.

> Note that the names of things are totally up for bikeshedding.  We're
> not super happy with "font-rendering" itself, for example, but it's
> the best we've been able to come up with so far.

I like the idea of being able to control this per-font with a
descriptor and per-element with a property; both easier to do than
relying on script for the simple cases.

--
Best regards,
 Chris Lilley, Technical Director, W3C Interaction Domain