Re: CSS pseudo-selector :closest and :further

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 12:08 PM, David Rodrigues
<david.proweb@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know if here is the right place, but will be great if create a new
> pseudo-selector definition that allow select closest or further element from
> a base element. For instance:

I'm pretty sure I don't understand the proposal, but :closest as
pioneered by jQuery a proposal is already a thing in the complete
profile https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Element/closest
(at least in whatwg and it has implementations and polyfills), you
might want to look at that and avoid overloading the meaning.