Re: [css-grid] Using automatic (instead of min-content) minimums for 'auto' tracks

On 05/03/15 17:11, Sergio Villar Senin wrote:
> 3) I think there is something missing in the track sizing algorithm. The
> new 'auto' value adds a new step before resolving the content-based
> minimums which is called intrinsic minimums (which includes
> min-content,max-content and auto). That's fine, the problem is that
> there isn't any correspondent new step in step 3 of the distribute extra
> space algorithm[2]. That step describes which tracks should be selected
> to grow beyond grow limits depending on which sizes we're currently
> handling. For base sizes it only considers min-content and max-content
> but not auto.

BTW the new step will produce wrong results because auto != min-content
for min track sizing functions. There was a rule that specifies which
tracks to grow beyond limits when dealing with min-content base sizes.
Before this new value of "auto", the auto tracks were selected to grow
beyond limits (as auto was minmax(min-content,max-content) but now
they're excluded.

My proposal to keep compatibility with the current behavior is to replace:

  "when handling min-content base sizes:"

by

  "when handling min-content or auto base sizes:"

BR