Re: [css3-ui] file formats for the cursor property

On 3/12/2015 12:39 PM, Florian Rivoal wrote:
> In addition to a predefined list of values, the cursor property allows authors to provide the cursor as an external file, indicated by the url() function.
>
> Unfortunately, the spec makes no mention of which file format must or should be supported. It would be nice for authors to be able to depend on something, and for test writing, having no format mandated makes things tricky.

I don't think it's a good idea to mandate image formats for the cursor property (at least not for level 3); it should be fine for implementors to effect only the cursor property's keywords. Otherwise, you're saying that anyone that wants to implement only the keywords isn't spec-compliant.