Re: [css-counter-styles]

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 14:25:35 -0800
To: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org>
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 1:21 PM, Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org> wrote:
> On 28/02/15 05:38, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>> Descriptors that don't match the grammar get thrown out before we even
>> start processing things at the spec level.
>
> Sure, you and I have no doubt that this is the intended behavior, but maybe
> this is worth clarifying the spec?

What I mean is that it's handled at a lower level than the spec;
grammar matching throws out invalid things before the actual spec for
the feature has a chance to interpret anything.  Explicitly saying
"ignore invalid things" is useless, because as far as the spec is
concerned, there *are* no invalid things.