Re: [css-text-decor] Doesn't example 3 in text-underline-position break current UA behavior?

Replies inline.
> On Jun 28, 2015, at 9:09 AM, Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Myles,
>
> On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 2:41 AM, Myles C. Maxfield <mmaxfield@apple.com <mailto:mmaxfield@apple.com>> wrote:
> [snip]
> Because of all these concerns, we propose changing the syntax of text-underline-position to
> [auto | under]? | [left | right]?
> , making the default value of the property be auto,
>
> A double bar in CSS syntax is "one or more of them must occur, in any order"[1], so I think Masayuki's syntax "[auto|under] || [left|right]" should give you what you proposed.

The cases I'm trying to guard against are things like:
"left right"
"auto under"
"left left right left"

> Also there's a text saying "If left or right is specified alone, under is also implied", not explicitly written but I think Masayuki implied to change this too by the syntax change.
>
> and removing the text-underline-position sections of the recommended default UA stylesheet.
>
> Even after the change to the syntax was made?

Yes, please see my argument regarding how this language-specific logic should be implemented by "auto" rather than the default UA stylesheet.