Re: [css-writing-modes-3] Proposal to modify how inline-block with non-empty block descendants are baseline-aligned

Le 2015-06-25 09:08, Koji Ishii a écrit :
> I somehow missed this until Tab mentioned this, sorry about that.
>
> On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 9:37 AM, Gérard Talbot <www-style@gtalbot.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> When an inline-block has non-empty block descendants, then
>>

> Minor details but just want to make sure we're on the same table. So
> the
> topic is when an inline-block has multiple line boxes,

Yes. The topic is when an inline-block has multiple line boxes.

> not when all
> descendants are blocks and it doesn't have any inline descendants,
> correct?
> I originally thought the topic was when all descendants are blocks, but
> as
> I understand more, all what you wrote also applies when I put simple
> text
> in an inline-block and set width to wrap. Your clarification is
> appreciated.

Yes. What I wrote also applies (I just realized this today!) when an
inline-block has simple flow text which its width set to wrap:

Same demo with simple text in inline-block with width set to wrap:
http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/CSS3WritingModes/vert-align-latin-baseline-inline-block-dhtml-2.html

Koji, I may reply to the other parts of your email later...

Gérard