Re: [css-ui] border-image with an SVG resource that has no intrinsic size

From: Patrick Dark <www-style.at.w3.org@patrick.dark.name>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2015 18:22:30 -0500
To: Patrick Dark <www-style.at.w3.org@patrick.dark.name>, Dean Jackson <dino@apple.com>
On 6/13/2015 6:09 PM, Patrick Dark wrote:
> As for those no-intrinsic-size tests, I'd expect the same rendering as |width="100" height="100"| and a corrected rendering of |viewBox="0,0 100,100"|. Specifically, the browser should establish intrinsic dimensions using both the origin (0,0) and the painted area with positive coordinates (0,0 to 100,100).

On second thought, I'll take part of that back. I think it'd make more sense dynamically establish both origin coordinates and end coordinates from the positive-coordinate painted area. So a square (|rect| element) offset, say, ten coordinate units from the origin wouldn't have those ten coordinate units factor into the border-image rendering unless there was something else being painted in that space.