Re: [selectors4] Features to Defer

From: Manuel Rego Casasnovas <rego@igalia.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 13:21:39 +0200
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, Philippe Le H├ęgaret <plh@w3.org>

On 21/07/15 22:30, fantasai wrote:
>   ? Column combinator
>       Want to double-check satisfaction with syntax, impl interest
>   ? :nth-column() pseudo-class
>       Biased to at-risk

Regarding this, I think that a column and row selector would be handy
for CSS Grid Layout. I don't know if it was discussed previously or not,
but it seems an interesting use case.

Just one example, imagine that you have a grid showing a random number
of elements (images, texts, whatever) and the grid have several rows and
columns, maybe you want to use a different background for items in
odd/even rows.

Anyway IMHO it seems a clear case to be deferred to level 5.

My 2 cents,
  Rego