Re: [css-break] I hate the diagrams

> On Mar 8, 2015, at 11:09, Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org> wrote:
>
> Hey, Fantasai, Rossen–
>
> I don't actually hate the ASCII-art diagrams, but I do like writing SVG by hand, so here are a couple reproductions of your diagrams in SVG format.
>
> I tried to be faithful to the original ASCII-art diagrams, but there were a few points that confused me.
>
> In particular, I'm not actually sure what the second diagram is showing. Also, I think that the "second page" on the first diagram should have a bottom border, because otherwise it distracts from the point.
>
> If you'll help explain the diagrams to me, I can improve them, and can also include a text description inline in the SVG itself.
>
> Also, the colors I used are sub-optimal, so if there are any designers who can help me make them a bit more palette-able, I'd appreciate it. They are just styled with CSS, so changing them is simple.

Thanks Doug!!

If I may make a small suggestion, often text in such diagrams is rendered as variable length thick gray lines instead of a series of squares (which could look like characters are not rendering). E.g. if you search Google Images for “Document template icons” (which is a common use case for zoomed out random text) [1], you will see that they either use horizontal lines or real dummy text. Same if you open any document in InDesign and zoom out.

[1]: https://www.google.com/search?q=document+template+icons&tbm=isch