[css-overflow][css-containment] 'contain:paint' vs. 'overflow:clip' -- is "overflow:clip" still a thing?

From: Daniel Holbert <dholbert@mozilla.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 22:22:07 -0700
To: florian@rivoal.net, jackalmage@gmail.com, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
Cc: Kyle Zentner <kzentner@mozilla.com>
Hi Tab & Florian,

I noticed that the "contain:paint" spec-text changed substantially
yesterday, so that now it's expressed in terms of "overflow:clip":
  https://hg.csswg.org/drafts/rev/b1853180ac26

This confuses me, because the initial CSS Containment proposal...
  https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2013Nov/0114.html
...implied that it was was *replacing* the proposed "overflow:clip". But
now, it sounds like they're going to coexist.

So: is "overflow: clip" still planned to exist as its own thing?

(I looked for list discussions about it, but the most recent* www-style
post whose subject line has "overflow" & "clip" was the above-linked
thread from 2013, and that was the post that implied (to me at least)
that overflow:clip was obsoleted.)

Thanks,
~Daniel

* (Aside from Florian's thread from yesterday)