Re: [css-page] Editorial issues regarding @page descriptors

From: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2015 14:41:56 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org
On 01/07/15 11:11, Sebastian Zartner wrote:
> The @page rule defines several descriptors ('size', 'marks', 'bleed',
> maybe others I missed), which are called 'property' throughout the text.
> These should be renamed to 'descriptor' for clarification and consistency.

This has been discussed before:

https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2015Mar/0387.html
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2015Mar/0498.html

Unfortunately it seems that conversation died out without reaching a
conclusion.

I argued these are, in fact, properties. They just happen to only apply
to pages, not elements, just like 'table-layout' only applies to table
elements.

The aspect that’s not just editorial is whether 'size' and friends show
up in CSSOM. (Note that CSSPageRule.style is a CSSStyleDeclaration, same
as CSSStyleRule.style.)

--
Simon Sapin