Re: [css-text-decor] Doesn't example 3 in text-underline-position break current UA behavior?

On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 3:58 AM, Myles C. Maxfield <mmaxfield@apple.com>
wrote:

> [snip]
> The cases I'm trying to guard against are things like:
>
>    - "left right"
>    - "auto under"
>    - "left left right left"
>
> Understood. Then your proposal is identical to Masayuki's.

Also there's a text saying "If left or right is specified alone, under is
> also implied", not explicitly written but I think Masayuki implied to
> change this too by the syntax change.
>

>> and removing the text-underline-position sections of the recommended
>> default UA stylesheet.
>>

> Even after the change to the syntax was made?
>

> Yes, please see my argument regarding how this language-specific logic
> should be implemented by "auto" rather than the default UA stylesheet.

Clarification appreciated since your arguments could read in two ways; I
understand you want "auto" to do proper positioning between Latin and
under. Are you also suggesting, when just "auto" is specified, it should
set "right" (almost 100% for JK) and "left" (almost 100% for C if emphasis
purposes IIUC)?

I can then understand your proposal is about moving UA stylesheet rules to
the logic.

If you're suggesting "auto" does automatic only for horizontal flow, I can
understand your proposal is not to mention any automatic behavior for
vertical flow even informally.

Which is your intention?

/koji