Re: [css-text-decor]: text-shadow should also apply to replaced content, like semi-transparent images

From: Axel Dahmen <brille1@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 03:34:11 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org
> That cost is paid no matter what, no?

Sorry, you've lost me here. Is this colloquial English? I don't know what it
means.

> They're not the same.  Text is a vector format,

... well, AFAIK, SVG is, too ...

> we can just redraw the text in the
> desired shadow color, apply the desired blurring, then composite it in
> the right place in the visual ordering.

You've lost me here again. What would actually be the precise difference
when adding a blurred shadow to vector/raster images?

When you add shadows to images, you just redraw the image in the desired
shadow color, apply the desired blurring, then composite it in the right
place in the visual ordering.

What else would you possibly apply to images?

Regards,
Axel