Re: [css-ruby] Default font-size of ruby annotation with ruby-position: inter-character

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 7:15 PM, Xidorn Quan <quanxunzhen@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 1:13 PM, John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com> wrote:
>>
>> Xidorn Quan wrote:
>>
>> > OK, then, let's add a keyword for 'font-size', say 'ruby-text', and
>> > make it be computed according to ruby-position. It is computed to 30%
>> > when ruby-position is inter-character, and 50% otherwise.
>>
>> Adding keyword values like this to 'font-size' affects the parsing of
>> the 'font' shorthand so it's a fairly large impact change.
>
> Hmm, but we have had several keyword values for font-size, and the 'font'
> shorthand has a relatively strict syntax requirement, which actually allows
> us to introduce any type of single value for font-size without causing
> ambiguity.

Yeah, there's no ambiguity.  The keyword doesn't conflict with any
*other* font-* longhands, and since the 'font' shorthand requires a
<'font-size'> before the <'font-family'>, it's fully unambiguous.  No
compat risk at all from adding new keywords to <'font-size'> (or any
of the other font-* longhands, for that matter).