Re: [css-ruby] Default font-size of ruby annotation with ruby-position: inter-character

On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 9:43 PM, Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 8:54 PM, Xidorn Quan <quanxunzhen@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> It might probably be better to mention that the default style sheet is
>>>>

>>>  It's already there; Appendix A says it's informative.
>>>

>> I meant that it might be better to mention in the Ruby Font Size section
>> in addition that font-size: 50% in the default style sheet is not
>> normative, and the font size of annotation is actually impl-dependent. But
>> I feel that impl-dependent behavior is evil for web standard. I'm not quite
>> sure what should happen here.
>>

> Yeah, I believe it's technically accurate, but may be confusing. Added a
> note to Appendix A.1. How is this?

It looks good to me, thanks.

BTW, according to a bopomofo manual from Taiwan [1], the font size of
bopomofo annotation is generally 30%, not 33%. (see page 5, the Chinese
character is 30:30 in the graph, while bopomofo character is 9:9) It's a
small informative fix, though.

[1]
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ev8yh5nb9488o8n/AADssbd4gljy-P6jaw6-Z1lba/mandarin_zhuyinfuhou_handbook.pdf?dl=0

- Xidorn