Re: multiple values for FONT similar to font-family

23.01.2015, 01:20, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 2:17 PM, Marat Tanalin <mtanalin@yandex.ru> wrote:
>> š23.01.2015, 01:02, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>:

>>> šThat's called "the @font-face rule".
>> šSo how exactly the @font-face rule allows to apply different styles depending on what exact font is available and applied?
>
> It doesn't. šBut @font-face is the CSS version of the Font Loading
> API, *because the Font Loading API is the JS version of @font-face*.

Homo Logicus detected?

In a constructive way, with the Font Loading API in JS, we can do something like this [1]:

    document.fonts.load('1em open_sansregular')
        .then(function() {
            document.documentElement.className += ' open-sans-loaded';
        });

and only apply font-dependent styles if the font is really available.

We can't do that via pure CSS for now.

To achieve a similar goal via pure CSS, we could have a media query like this:

    @media (font-family: open_sansregular) {
        /* Styles applied if `open_sansregular`
           font-family is available. */
    }